Favourite dresses

16 Feb 2010


1sr row L-R: Wikstenmade, Marie Emily, Darling Dexter
2nd row L-R: Postlapsaria, Green Olives Design, Green Olives Design

These dresses are all handmade by the lovely girls modelling them. There's something magical about creating a garment from scratch; specifically to your measurements. This is a skill that I would love to learn one day. I don't have a sewing machine so the most I can do is cut of the bottoms of dresses and skirts (sometimes I get a bit too scissor-happy) and dye clothes new colours. But I dream of making the perfectly fitting dress in a rainbow of colours. These dresses are such eye-candy for me.

10 comments:

Stéphanie said...

Bravo ! J'adore !

Jazz said...

ahh! How I wish I could make dresses too..I can only make shorts :p
xx

b said...

great post again - that second checkered dress is really pretty. i'm doing illustration at westminster uni, i have friends that did their foundation at chelsea though, they say they really liked it there.

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

wow I wish I had A talent, at least one... but alas no... oh well, gorgeous, I especially like the 1st one on the second row, will check her out

Le said...

I agree - to sew is a real talent ! I love them all ... I just need to move back to a cooler clime where one can wear leggings and boots and sweet wee dresses ... ahhh another two - three years and I should be there - thanks for bringing out my smile today - le

Anonymous said...

i sometimes fantasize making my own clothes, especially after an episode of Project Runway. these dresses are darling. my favorite is the blue plaid dress.

Shannon of HAPPINESS IS said...

So cute and girly. I wish I could sew.

Kelley Anne said...

They're all so beautiful. You're right, there is something so wonderful about making garments that are made just for yourself...creating exactly what you want.

Cara Kuhl said...

Oh these are darling, I love that they're handmade ~

emma wallace said...

I'd so love to be able to make my own clothes! I love the first one on the second row - so cute.
iamemmamusic.blogspot.com

Post a Comment