Room 606, Royal Hotel Copenhagen

9 Feb 2010



[Image credits: Flickr pool, Ultraswank, Smow]

Room 606 is the only hotel room with the original Arne Jacobsen décor from July 1960 when Royal Hotel Copenhagen first opened. It still functions as a normal hotel room: can you imagine waking up there one morning?! The blues and greens are so refreshing. I like the way the pictures have been hung in the simple frames and I can just imagine Arne calculating the perfect position. To me, this room is perfection.

7 comments:

Kelley Anne said...

It is perfect. I think I would feel like a character in a wonderful film waking up there.

Cara Kuhl said...

Yes, I agree with Kelley Anne ~ I immediately thought of a scene from Mad Men (do you get that show?) ~ so 60's chic ~

Rebecca said...

Completely amazing! I'd love to wake up in there. :) The colors and shapes are perfect.

Piper said...

Wow, how cool is that...and I love how chic it still is 40 years later! I agree - how great to be able to wake up there!

Elaine said...

I agree....the blues are so calming!!

clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Stephanie Sabbe said...

I heart arne jacobson

Anonymous said...

if we could only throw those in a suitcase to take home. ;) i adore the colors of this room.

Post a Comment