Leslie Nichols

15 Apr 2010

leslie nichols
[Images from Leslie Nichols. Text from Calligram Designers]

I love these text portraits by Leslie Nichols, and I found a short interview she gave about her work:

"Experimenting with text and image has become endless source of ideas and inspiration central to my studio practice.

Letterforms create both spatial and literary passages, which provide a visual texture that is exciting and sometimes challenging to work with.

It has been a natural evolution to use writing in my visual work. Informal sketches while doodling or writing letters to friends were my first calligrams. I began incorporating text in my fine art portraiture when I discovered a typewriter was an exciting image making tool."

6 comments:

Sharon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon said...

sorry i was so excited that my post had a bunch of typos - here we go again...

oh my gosh - amazing! it is rare for me to find other artists that do realistic portraits, but with text - how intriguing!

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous of people who can do these--so freaking cool! I was a graphic design major in college so we got to see a lot of these works type class. It boggles my mind.

Unravelled Threads

Stephanie Sabbe said...

wow. love the concept.so pretty

Bubbly said...

Simply amazing! So much talent out there!


www.whytarshaydeofpayle.blogspot.com

Cara Kuhl said...

these are so very cool!

Post a Comment